Northern Plains District “Try Scouts” Camp
Where: Kamilaroi Scout Camp
When: October, Friday 06th – Sunday 08th 2017
Closing Date: September, Friday 22nd 2017
Who Can Attend: Cubs after turning 10 years of age.
The aim of the Try Scouts
Is to encourage Cub Scouts, who are 10 years of age to interact, with Scouts by trying Scouting activities..
The badge is not a replacement for the Scout Link Badge, and may be undertaken, at any time after turning 10 years and before investiture as a Scout.
Wearing of Badge:
The badge may be worn on a Cub Scout’s right shoulder of their uniform until they are invested as a Scout. (Not on the scout, section Uniform.)
All Cubs will be camping and cooking in a Patrol there will be a P.L and an APL in each of the Patrol this is to let the Cubs to find out how the Patrol system works.
- The Try Scouts camp will cover 2 parts of the Scoutcraft Badge
- Safety with camping tools
- Patrol System
- The rest of the Scoutcraft badge will be coved by their home troop
- Water activities if weather is good and not cold
- Night wide Games
- If possible, all Cubs attending the Try Scouts camp will be placed with the P.L from their home troop.
Can you please respect the closing date for this activity there are badges to be ordered and Patrol Leaders to organised for the camp.
Cub Leader from the home Pack can attend if they wish to but please remember this is a Scout activity organise by the Scout section and run by the Patrol Leaders.
For more Information please contact Tom Kay email@example.com 0427 921 661