Use of the Camp Site Facilities
- The Scout Camp must only be used for the purpose stated on the application form.
- The Hirer must not sub-let the Camp and Scouts staff and representatives must have access to the Camp at all times.
- The Hirer is responsible for the conduct and behaviour of all persons attending their function. This includes while on site on the Camp Grounds or surrounding properties and approaches to the Camp site.
- All persons entering the Lynchwood Scout Camp property do so at their own risk.
- The Hirer is responsible for familiarising themselves with the Evacuation Plan on display at the hall, including the location of emergency exit doors, before commencing any activities.
- Emergency exits must remain clear at all times.
- The Hirer must only use these Scouting facilities within the times of your booking or additional costs will apply. If extra time is required for preparation purposes, you must notify Scouts North West Region Office. At least 14 days’ notice must be provided for changes to be made to the booking.
- Special conditions may be imposed for some types of events including, but not limited to additional security requirements, safe work method statements and/or event safety plans.
- Prior to using the facilities please note any damage or required maintenance e.g. a broken chair or table, inadequate cleaning, missing or broken equipment (including cleaning items) on the Facility Assessment form provided in your key pack. This form is to be returned to Region Office along with the keys.
- No fire, with the exception of birthday candles are permitted within any of the buildings.
- Whilst there are facilities to have fires within the grounds of the camp site, it is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that all necessary safety precautions have been considered and effected, as well as the obtaining of necessary permits from local fire authorities, before the lighting of any fires.
- No graffiti art or spray painting is to be conducted within the hall or surrounding grounds.
- To avoid permanent damage to the hall we ask that decorations are limited to the tables and not attached to walls, ceilings or windows. If you do have wall decorations they must not be fixed to the wall with anything that will mark, scratch or damage the surface in any way.
- Scouts NSW does not insure any goods or equipment that is brought into the camp sites or left in the camp site by the Hirer or their invitees. Scouts NSW will not compensate the Hirer for any losses of any goods or equipment or consequential losses arising out of the damage or loss of the equipment. Hirers are advised that they should obtain insurance for their own equipment and goods.
Acceptable Noise Level at Camp
- The level of noise must not inconvenience surrounding residents. The Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997 advises the time restrictions when noise should not be heard in a habitable room in a neighbour’s residence. Whilst it may be considered that the neighbours are some distance from the camp site, the noise travels through the valley and can be clearly heard by those living in the houses at the entrance of the Camp. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure they are familiar with the Act and be considerate at all times of our neighbours. For specific times please refer to http://www.epa.nsw.gov.au/your-environment/noise/neighbourhood-noise
Jumping Castles/Other Amusements
- If a jumping castle or other amusement is being considered the Hirer must provide Scouts NSW with a copy of the amusement hirer’s Certificate of Insurance for Public Liability. This must be received at least 14 days prior to the function date.
- Each request will be considered on an individual basis.
- Any equipment used in and at the Camp by the Hirer is/will be the Hirer’s responsibility.
- Scouts NSW will not accept any liability in regard for the use of a jumping castle. The Hirer must bring a silenced generator to power this equipment. Jumping castles are to be weighted down and not pegged.
- No water castles are permitted to avoid flooding or damages to the grounds.
- All equipment must be removed at the end of the agreed hire period for that day.
- Smoking is not permitted in any Scouts NSW hall or building. Smoking within the grounds is frowned upon, however if there are to be smokers present it is the Hirers responsibility to ensure that receptacles are provided for the butts. Penalties will be applied (reduction in your Bond Refund) if cigarette butts are found within the buildings or the grounds of the Camp site.
Alcohol & Drugs
- Alcohol is not permitted within the Lynchwood Scout Camp without the express permission from Scouts NSW North West Region Office.
- The sale, supply and or consumption of alcohol in these facilities to minors is prohibited.
- The sale of alcohol at the scout camp is strictly prohibited and may result in the forfeiting of the bond and will result in police action.
- No alcohol is to be consumed outside the facility fence.
- The use of glass receptacles, including bottles, is strictly forbidden at the Lynchwood Scout Camp.
- Scouts NSW has a Zero Tolerance of the misuse of alcohol or narcotics and will result in the termination of the activity and the ejection of all participants from the venue immediately.
Cleaning of the Facilities
- Please consider time required to set up, tidy and clean the facilities when choosing your hire period as Hirers will not be permitted to remain on the premises after the finish time specified in the Agreement.
- Lynchwood Scout Camp has mops, buckets and brooms but you will need to provide your own surface spray cleaner along with sponges/paper towels to clean any of those unavoidable spills on table tops and chairs.
- All the tables and chairs must be cleaned before you pack them away neatly.
- All ovens must be wiped clean and any crumbs and leftover food is to be removed.
- The floor needs to be swept and spills mopped up.
- The Hirer is advised to bring extra garbage bags as all rubbish must be removed at the end of the hiring period.
- All toilets and ablution blocks need to be cleaned and have the floors mopped.
- All bunkhouses must be swept and cleaned.
- Failure to clean the premises will result in a deduction in your bond refund.
Important Notice for Hirers of the Facility
- All Registered or Incorporated Organisations hiring Lynchwood Scout Camp must provide a copy of their Certificate of Insurance for Public Liability. Coverage of $20m is required.
- All individuals (for private bookings) are covered by Scouts NSW Casual Hirer’s Policy for public liability. The excess is $2,000 and payable by the Hirer.
- The event must not be openly advertised without prior, written consent from Scouts NSW North West Region Office. This includes advertising via the internet including social media and forums.
- Scouts NSW has the right, if necessary, to refuse to accept a booking for a hall or to cancel a booking that has already been made and refund the hiring fees. If this action is taken Scouts NSW will not be liable for any loss or damage.
- Scouts NSW will refund the bond by electronic transfer to the account details provided on the Electronic Refund Form, within 14 days after the function if the Scout Camp is left in a satisfactory condition.
- If there is any damage to the buildings, furniture or equipment, or any additional cleaning is required, Scouts NSW will keep part or all of your bond money to cover these costs.
- Scouts NSW reserves the right to recover any additional costs incurred above and beyond the amount of the security bond.
- The breaching of any of the Terms and Conditions for the Hiring of the Lynchwood Scout Camp may result in the forfeiture of the Bond Money, the immediate ejection of all participants from the venue, or both.